Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 3

I Will save my work. I Will save my work. I Will save my work.

GRRR!

Tomorrow having a breast MRI. I got paperwork describing the procedure and it sounds like some sort of torture porn. Bleh. But, since mom had cancer, guess that qualifies me, and, yeah, it's a good thing. If it can catch anything sooner or at all, versus not, then, I'm lucky to have it done.

Afterward, meeting my girl at her house in Narragansett, where she's lived this whole sophomore year, and she's moving out next week and I'm only NOW getting down there to see it. I feel bad. But, up til recently, this has not been a stellar year+. Luckily for me, she's a forgiving soul and I get to make it up to her.

Had a good session with S today. She didn't make me jump rope and whatnot. I reallly gotta tell her how bad my knees are. They're pretty much in constant pain these days, and not just from the workouts. She gave me new homework, 2 things, for Wed.
Have to come up with 10 seasonal (for May) recipes, for both my area and hers.
And I have to find/come up with an exercise each for biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest. And DO it for her!
Yikes.

I have to say though... this, so far, as I knew it would be, is such an extraordinary experience. First of all, it's HER. I've admired her for years, bought her books, watched her on tv, followed what she's done over the years. Even had the opportunity due to strange timing to go to a taping of her tv show back in '93 when I'd spent my summer off from IU driving to Orange County, CA to nanny for a couple months, and somehow I discovered this was going on and got myself a ticket and figured out how to get to Burbank.

I'm still pinching myself though that this is actually happening, to Me. Things like this don't happen to me. I'm not even worried, at the moment, about possibly failing. That's not on my radar. I knew when I first heard about this that I would do anything and everything she said, and over 2 full weeks in, I have, and will. To my ability. These knees and my back are really hindering me to a very annoying extent.
Weird things have been happening though, in recent memory. First I made the online acquaintance of B.G., who turned out to be kind of a... well... let's just say, he's not an easy person to know. Then I actually met, also online, A.L. The story of that, connected to my mom, is just weird beyond words. And a story for another day.
But now to know S....

I've got thoughts rumbling around, but am too tired to get them down now... will soon.
As well as some results of doing what she said to do in my time away from her. One story is a bath. The other is a walk in the woods. will pick those up next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment